Mid-year review

Time to give myself a mid-year review of the 18 goals I set for myself in the beginning of this year.


1. Stop biting my nails
Eh... I was doing really well on this at some point, especially when I was on holidays (so we can assume that this bad habit is largely due to stress..), but still need to really work on this.

2. Start saving for a house
Haven't started doing this, but it's actively on my mind. Will get to it towards the end of summer I think.

3. Get fit(er) and be happy with my body
Been taking some steps towards this, I ordered a workout plan and a meal plan, been following the meal plan quite well for about 5 weeks now, but I do need to set aside time to go to the gym more often.

4. Get my medical appointments sorted out
I've actually been really good with this! I still have the dentist to sort out, but otherwise I'm done.

5. A wardrobe remake
This is an ongoing process. I have sorted out the clothes I don't use anymore, and plan on going to a flee market to give them new homes towards the end of July. I think I still need to declutter some other clothes as well. 

6. Take at least 5 trips
This one is a big one for this year, and so far I have been to Sweden, USA, Bahamas and Tallinn. Going to France next week, so that would make it 5 trips! Yay!

7. Do a bungee jump 
Nope.


8. Go to a karaoke and sing a song
Nope.


9. Learn a new tumbling skill 
Nope. 

10. Decorate the apartment cozy and nice
Really haven't had the time, energy or money to do this yet. I really want us to move, but for the moment it's not very realistic, so I guess I just have to make due with what we have at the moment..

11. Get a morning routine down
This has proven to be a really hard one.. I have noticed that less than 7,5h of sleep and I'm groggy, but getting enough of sleep with this crazy schedule of mine is really darn hard.

12. Figure out what my next move is career-wise
YES YES YES! I applied and got accepted to a business school, and I'm starting a Bachelor's in International Business in August! So excited for this! I won't be leaving my job so I'll be working and going to school at the same time. Really need to get that morning routine down if I am to succeed in my new schedule..

13. Post at least 1 picture, 1 video and 1 blog post a month
Have not been able to keep up with this. Been too busy. I wish I could do more, I really do enjoy making content, but I also have to be merciful to myself.

14. Read at least 10 books
So far I have read 4, so I'm on the right track! (Compared to 0 last year that's already quite good!)

15. Run some kind of running event
Have not signed up for one and have not started training. Not sure about this one for this year.

16. Go to at least one festival in the summer
Due to lack of funding, it looks like this might not come true this year. Not too bummed about this as none of the festivals in Finland had an artist that I absolutely really wanted to go see.

17. Always talk truthfully
18. Think less about what people think of me
Yes, been really working on these even though it is not hard. Had some clashes with people, but have come up on top of those ones, and am finally in good terms with everyone, no loose threads hanging. Feel quite happy about this.


Well this was a good exercice! I liked looking back at these, some of them have been really prominently on my mind throughout the year (for example the one about traveling), but other ones I have put to the side of my mind and forgot about (for example the two last ones). I think all in all I am doing pretty well, and if I keep going like this, I will most probably have done most of what is on my list before the end of the year. And most probably the ones I don't do this year aren't that important to me anymore.


photos from madgeleine

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Jade Hope. Design by Fearne.